My Surrounding Culture
- We want our children to have the strongest start in life, in a culture where they receive the right kind of support and experiences to lead secure and flourishing future lives.
- We strive to provide a balanced experience where there is the knowledge and skills that we want children to develop, such as self-regulation, confidence, and curiosity.
- We adopt a child centred way where children have permission to follow their interests and to develop at their own pace.
- High quality experiences and sensitive interactions in a variety of outdoor and indoor spaces, which will develop the emotional resilience they need to form a secure wellbeing base.
We promote children’s learning in a variety of ways through observing, planning and discussing next steps to extend, support or challenge children in their learning. Staff will be glad to discuss what your child will be learning. We have an active planning wall that is responsive to our child centred approach. This enables us to capture individual interests, curiosity and passions.
At Inverkip Nursery Class we understand that every child develops differently and in different patterns across the following dimensions of child development:
- Executive function and self-regulation
- Communication and language
- Creativity and curiosity
- Movement and coordination
- Self and social development.