What to do today
Please join in with the activities below. The more who can join in, the more fun, too. Not all of the activities are for everyone, so just do the ones you enjoy and as many times as you like.
Play along using any kind of instrument or use body percussion – clapping, tapping, clicking, stamping your feet.
Question: Do you have any suggestions for songs to appear in the Karaoke Corner? Let me or Connie know and maybe we can choose one for everyone to enjoy.
Activities (links below)
- Hello Song
- Bounce and catch
- Clap, tap and sing along to Old King Glory.
- Over the Irish Sea. Join in or hold on to a scarf with a partner to move to the song.
- Karaoke Corner: Times Like These by The Radio 1 All Stars and the original version by The Foo Fighters. Which version do you prefer? Can you spot Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters in the first video? Look out for other Karaoke Corner blog posts for more songs.
- Time to move. Play the instruments along to the video or get up and dance. If you like, get a scarf to play with. This week is a sunny mellow classic, Weather With You by New Zealand band Crowded House.
- Time to chill. This week we are listening to Celeste by Roger and Brian Eno. Brian Eno played with Roxy Music and worked with U2. He also invented ambient music and the two brothers often create music together. If you like this, you might enjoy making music on the Bloom app, which Brian Eno created.
- Goodbye Song
More ideas with this video
- If you can’t tap along, maybe a friend can tap your arm or foot for you so that you can feel the beat of the music.
- Can you stamp your feet to the music? Can you tap your shoulders or your head? Move your fingers
- Maybe try playing along with a shaker, or tap something that makes a sound that you like. A box of cereal?