We’re all getting used to working in new ways away from our usual classrooms, but we can still have fun making music.
What to do today
Please join in with the activities below. The more who can join in, the more fun, too. Do the activities as many times as you like.
Activities (links below)
- Hello song
- Bounce and catch. You’ll need a ball for this.
- Tap and clap along to Cho-co-la-te
- Watch this video that Connie shared and clap and tap along to the sounds.
- Play the video again, but this time play along with some instruments – if you don’t have any, see what you can find around you that can make a good sound. We will look at some simple home made instruments later in the week.
- Time to get up and dance! Electroswing -Lost in the Rhythm, Jamie Berry Feat. Octavia Rose. Can you move your feet, arms and hands to the music like the dancer? You can play your instruments too if you like, or get scarf to play with.
- And now, time to chill. Here’s another piece of music by the French composer Erik Satie. It was originally for piano, but suits the guitar as well. You may want to play it more than once.
- Goodbye Song. Time to say goodbye! Thank you for your music. Hope you had some fun, see you all next time!
Click and scroll down to see the video
Bounce and Catch
Tap and clap along to Cho-co-la-te
Watch, tap and clap and then play along
Grab your pots, pans, buckets, salt shakers, wooden spoons, tupperware or anything that makes a noise and join in the fun with the RSNO percussionists! We would love to see you taking part – take a photo or video and post it in the comments… Please note this video was filmed a few weeks ago. Please stay at home, practice social distancing and above all else, have fun!
Posted by Royal Scottish National Orchestra on Wednesday, March 25, 2020