Wednesday fun in Group 2

Days of the week – if don’t have days of the week cards – write them out on a piece of paper and cut them up – can they put them in order? muddle them up again – sing the days of the week song
Weather – it’s a bit cloudy in Bathgate at the moment but might not be by the time you start activities – check again in the afternoon – is it the same?

sign of the day – go onto the blog to watch the video for the day
Daily jobs – check your sheet in your pack and choose one of them
Maybe you could take a photo of you doing the job – did you enjoy it? maybe you can think of some more jobs and I can send you some more symbols out to you?
Movement try something from Go Noodle – do you have a favourite? mine is Maximo and the Chicken Dance!

Literacy  (and Science)

I have attached some differentiated files for reading – chicken life cycle – choose which one for your child plus a link to a chicken hatching powerpoint which has some reading too.  It has a video of a chick hatching but here is a link too.
PE please check the blog for ideas from Pedro and Gerry

Snack maybe try something new? or have something you have but in a different way – if you have an apple then maybe cut it up or have it without peel?
Story My own children loved listening to David Walliams for years – he has an amazing reading voice and is very funny
Art – when I went to my car yesterday I noticed my neighbour had a rainbow – maybe you could make one for your house ? use collage materials from packaging if no pens/paints
Science if you have some Skittles or Smarties maybe you could create a sweet rainbow! you might need to do it fast before all eaten!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5maIf7fJeI

Music please see Connie’s links on the blogs plus of course links to Fischy music – this week it was Included Ironwoman and I think it is Special Kind of Heroes (the picture is in my classroom …) plus also I will miss the children singing I’m a Spring Chicken – a firm favourite at Pinewood..

HWB please make time for yourselves – I have put a link to mindfulness under the Health and Wellbeing Category – there are also some great apps – Calm and Headspace I use – take care