Wednesday 25 March Day Plans

Good Morning.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Circle Time

Don’t forget to do a circle time (songs can be found on this link or start of blog) https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/wl/pinewoodschoolblog/2020/03/23/morning-circle-time/

Life Skills

Once you have completed your morning circle it’s time to get the day started and what better way to start the day than by helping to make breakfast! Maybe you can help your parents to make some toast? Can you spread the butter/jam by yourself primary 2? What shape are you cutting the toast in to?  How many slices are there?

If you are feeling adventurous why not make some scrambled eggs?  If you don’t like these then maybe you can help by pouring your own cereal.

Remember to help by setting the table and clearing away all the dishes afterwards.  Let me see some photos of your breakfast 🙂

Below is a few ideas of other things you can do to help around the house over the next wee while.

P.E

For P.E have a look at the P.E tag or join in with Joe Wicks live or just dance on youtube.

We will start by singing and signing the ‘abc song’.  Join in with me below.

Remember we have been learning about the letter sounds ‘s’ ‘a’ ‘t’ ‘p’ ‘i’ ‘n’ through our letterland book.  Now Nicole did want to read the stories to you but the book is in the classroom (silly me) but I will get it as soon as I can.

Practice your letter sounds today and you can use these letterland songs if you wish

Keep practicing these sounds throughout the week.  Can you find any items around your house that start with the satpin letter sounds?  Send me a picture if you find anything.

Practice writing these letters.  You can use salt, paint, playdough, chalk, pen and paper, shaving cream or rice.  Take a picture and show me – have fun with these activities.

EXTENSION TASK – challenge yourself… can you write some words beginning with either ‘s,a,t,p,i,n’ in any of the above materials or your name?

Hand Washing

At snack time, don’t forget to wash your hands.  Can you help prepare a healthy snack for you and your family?

Story Time

Today why don’t you develop your listening skills and tune in to David Walliams reading one of his stories.  Relax and shut off from the rest of the world and be immersed into the story.  link found here https://soundcloud.com/harpercollinspublishers/the-worlds-worst-children-2-3/s-zHZPQlifKuV

Don’t forget to tune in with Lorna for sign of the day posted later today too – wonder what signs we will learn today.

Art

For art today I would like you to all make a rainbow picture to place in your window to brighten up a lot of people’s day, including mine.  Let me see your beautiful rainbow pictures please.

Science 

STEM CHALLENGE

I have emailed you all my STEM challenge grids and every day I am going to select one or two for you to choose from to complete and if you can tell me about the end results from the creative challenges or the STEM challenges.  The most important thing is about having fun with this and talking about everything you are doing to develop language and higher order thinking skills.

TODAY’S CHALLENGE is about floating and sinking (see STEM Challenges Grid).  Using the fruits and vegetables you have at home, predict which ones you think will float/sink – can you give reasons why?  What will happen if you half it or take the skin off?

Daily Challenge 

try this lego challenge (will post new challenge each day)

or why not challenge yourself and your family to learn some french like we have been doing in class.

HWB

Time to have a feelings check in with everyone in the family.

discuss what these feelings mean and what you can do if someone is in the blue, yellow or red zone.  Maybe you can have a family sing song and dance. It may be a good idea to have a mindfulness session at this point too and relax for a bit, practicing some deep breathing.