Primary 2 30.3.20

Good morning boys and girls!

We hope you all had a wonderful weekend and managed to enjoy some of the sunshine. Today starts another week of learning at home. You should now refer to your second booklet for one literacy, one numeracy and one across the curriculum activity. Everything you are doing at home should be done in your red jotter. Please keep all extra sheets and take photos of things you have done or made. When we come back to school, we would like to see all your hard work!

Joe Wicks will be continuing his P.E lessons at 9am or if you prefer, you can do one of the Cosmic Kids yoga on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1

You can listen to David Walliams read a story at 11am- you can even sit and listen with a snack! He also has stories pre-recorded if you can’t make 11am.

Remember you can read e-books on Oxford Owl. There are plenty of books to choose from and if you do read one, keep a note of it in your jotter.

We also encourage you to read books that you may already have in the house- practise makes perfect!

https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/

https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/

Education City is a great way to keep yourself challenged. There will be new homework tasks waiting for you to complete this week. We hope that you can score more than 80%

Easter is just around the corner. How many of you have boiled eggs, decorated them and rolled them down the hill? Do you know what the rolling of the egg symbolises? There are lots of Easter crafts you could do this week with your family: make chocolate Easter nests, Easter cards, an Easter bonnet, or an Easter wreath to hang on your door.

Leave a comment at the bottom of the post to let us know how you are getting on. Remember stay safe and keep washing those hands!

Miss Rafferty and Miss Pringle

4 thoughts on “Primary 2 30.3.20”

1. Afternoon Lorena!
    You sound like a very busy girl, it is good to hear πŸ™‚ I am glad you have been writing a summary about the books you have been reading. It’s a great way to show that you have understood what you have read. That is a shame as I would have loved to have seen your eggs. Let me know how you get on rolling them down the hill.
    It is a super sunny day today so I think it is a great idea to get out in the garden and play while they weather is nice. Well done for starting Week 2’s activities. Hopefully they are keeping you busy and challenged.
    Keep working hard Lorena, you are doing so well!
    Speak soon, Miss Rafferty

2. Hi Miss Rafferty, I hope you had a lovely weekend! I had lots of fun with my mummy, we baked bread together, it was so yummy! We also played in the back garden with Charlie our neighbor’s cat, I continued writing in my daily dairy, did some sport and also writing, maths and lots of reading! I will write down in my jotter the summary of my favorite book from Oxford Owl so far.
    Today I will finish decorating my Easter eggs, mummy boiled 3 large ones for me, too bad she can’t upload pictures here so you can see πŸ™
    I also started Week 2 activities, I enjoy them a lot. Later on I will go outside to play again as it is lovely and sunny.
    I’ll drop by tomorrow as well to say Hi πŸ™‚ bye.

3. Morning Harris!
    That is super that you have managed to do lots of activities with all members of your family. Red velvet cupcakes are one of my favourite!
    I’m glad you are excited for the literacy and numeracy tasks for this week. I am sure that your new books will also keep you busy. Remember the more you practise the easier it will get- especially with those times tables which can be very tricky! If you have any other questions about today’s tasks, just drop me a wee message on the blog.
    Keep working hard Harris and I’ll speak to you tomorrow.
    Miss Rafferty

4. Good morning Miss Rafferty. I have been busy this weekend, keeping active by playing wii sports. I finally managed to win at tennis and baseball. I have played pool with daddy, baked red velvet cupcakes with Karly and been for a long walk every afternoon with my family. I am looking forward to this weeks tasks, and my new activity books arrived, mental maths, problem solving, and multiplication which I find quite tricky. Hope you have a lovely day. I will chat to you tomorrow. Love Harris x