France Trip

An insightful day had by all. We started out with a tour of Passchendaele memorial museum which involved a visit to a dugout and a series of trenches . After lunch in the sun, we walked around the memorial poppy garden . It’s an incredible display of seven individual sections , which form a poppy when viewed together.

All our pupils were immersed in the guided tour , we were very proud of their enthusiasm and their behaviour .

From there we travelled to Poelcapelle Commonwealth cemetery and then to Langemark German cemetery . During WW2 , Hitler visited Langemark as he had fought near the area during WW1.

We headed back to the beach after dinner and are now getting ready for bed !
Need our energy for theme park tomorrow!!

6 thoughts on “France Trip”

1. So jealous, lived in France for 7 years and never managed to visit that area. So pleased you have been there and able to witness and understand it’s significance. Share a prayer for those fallen soldiers.
    Now have an incredible time at the Theme Park which I know will be fantastic. Chloe, it’s very quiet here, so now we know who is the chatty member of the family! Thank you to the staff for putting up with you all!! Miss you Dad and Ashley.

2. Bonjour everyone. These photos look amazing, you all look like you are having fun. Hope you are all behaving for Mrs Gilmour.
    I cannot wait too see you again Olé, missing you a lot.
    Lots of love Mum and Dad. Xxx

3. Hope you have all learned lots about the war.Have you taken lots of photos Christopher ? Enjoy the theme park tmw! Your weather looks good, been fabulous here😎

4. Looks like your having a fab time Mason.
    Enjoy the theme park tomorrow! Can’t wait until your home, love Mum & Dad xx

5. Hello Allan,
    Oh finally a smile on your face in the one of the pictures! I bet you are too busy to pose heheh, I hope you are having an amazing time and I can’t wait to listen to all your stories! It’s very sunny in Livingston at the moment and you have missed 2 bbqs but meh it can’t compete with crepes for breakie yummy. I miss you very much my Kochanie! Xx
    Love u
    Mum xx

6. Carla,

Wow, what an amazing day. I bet you can’t wait for the theme park tomorrow. I think Liam is missing you although he would never admit it. He did ask if you could buy him some chocolate on Thursday. Maisy is her usual crazy self. She was rolling all over the living floor in her hamster ball earlier. She slept all day and I had to wake her up at 7pm to make sure she’s still breathing. I think she misses you, so hurry back!

Lots of love,

Mum, Dad and probably Liam
    Xxxxxxxx