P2’s weekly review!

We have begun learning about the Ancient Egyptians.  We have looked at where the U.K. is on a world map, and found Egypt in the continent of Africa! Also we have had our Stars Homework for only a week and already people are learning new facts.

‘I have learned where the pyramids were built and how they were built.  I loved seeing pictures of mummies when my mum showed me them in my book.’ Isabel.

‘I have learned how Egyptians moved water, but I have forgotten the name of the machine!’ Zoe.

‘I learned that Egypt is very hot, I was there at Christmas!’ Alexander.

‘I learned about how the Ancient Egyptians found food.’ Carlos.

‘I know that camels live in Egypt.’ Ryan.

In art, we have begun to learn about an famous artist, Wassily Kandinsky, he is said to have been the first artist to develop abstract art.  We enjoyed painting concentric circles.

‘We painted a circle and then painted other circles around it.’ Brooke

‘I liked the painting called Yellow, Red, Blue by Wassily Kandinsky.’ Lucca

‘He was born ages ago.’ Erin (1866)

‘We are going to use our circles to create a display on a tree.’  Laura.

In Maths we have been learning the Days of the Week and the Months of the Years.  Also we have been working to improve our jotter presentation.  Hanna had the best handwriting in her maths jotter so she got the Handwriting of the Week award.

In Literacy we have been learning to use better punctuation.