West Lothian Sharing our Learning Blog

This blog is an area where pupils and members of staff can share successes that have happened in their schools and classes.

The more we share … the more we learn.

For instructions on how to add a post to this blog click here.

Please try and compress images before adding them to the blog, you will find instructions here.

This week in P3G…

We have been learning:

• how to hula hoop better in PE
  • addition and subtraction to 10 and beyond
  • about road safety and how to dress BRIGHT!

P6 Enterprise

A Great Big Thank You to everyone who has bought a stocking from P6 :) We have done exceptionally well with selling these stockings. So much so that we actualy sold out on our first day!

However, do not panic. We will be making more next week and will be selling this batch on Wednesday. Some children have already paid for their stocking, and these will be handed to them on Wednesday as well. This will be the last batch we are making as Christmas is fast approaching and P6 have to get themselves organised for the Christmas Concert :) Remember they are £2 each-bargain if I do say so myself.

Thank you again for all your support

Miss Moir

The Rainbow Room visits the woods

In the Rainbow Room we have been reading a fantastic story called ‘The Gruffalo’ by Julia Donaldson. We enjoyed discussing all the different characters and made stick puppets of them. We discussed all the different feelings these characters had throughout the story and we decided that mouse was very clever!

We took our stick puppets out into the woods and created our very own houses for the animals to live. We had to think very carefully about what materials we would use for each animal. We decided that fox would like to sleep next to rocks and that owl would definitely sleep on the top of a tree. We worked in groups to gather all our materials and completed our houses in teams. We had a great time and were very lucky with the weather!

Ceilidh ad

Last few tickets priced £10  will be available on Friday 27th November at assembly.

Raffle  tickets to win a Hamper filled with Scottish delights will also be on sale at £1 per strip.

PLEASE help this event to be a sell out.

We need the support of Parents and Carers to many things happen!!

Help us make Murrayfield Primary School  a bright & stimulating environment for our children for years to come!!!
With your support we could be half way to achieving our goal for the playground!!

PS – Remember it’s Tartan dress down day on the 27th November!

Playground 3Playground 2Playground 1

P7/6 Christmas Card Enterprise

P7/6 are selling hand made Christmas cards.

The cards are sold in packs of 5 for only £1.00!!!

You can request cards made by an individual child or in mixed packs.

Order forms are available from Miss Preston and P7/6.  Alternatively you can print off the attached order form and send into the school for the attention of P7/6.

Order Form GLOW

West Lothian Council Parental Survey

West Lothian Council are gathering parental views.

Please take a few minutes to complete this survey.  Click on the link below.

The survey contains only five statements to rate strongly disagree to strongly agree – there is also space to add comments if parents wish.

·         Communication is effective between my child’s school and home.

·         My child’s school provides me with the information I need to help my child learn at home.

·         I feel confident supporting my child’s learning at home.

·         I am aware of West Lothian’s complaints procedure.

·         I know how I can become involved in my school’s parent council.

CLOSING DATE Friday 11th December

Up up and away!

Last week the focus was chosen by the nursery boys and girls.  The majority of children wanted to learn about helicopters and aeroplanes, so we decided to focus on Air transport.  Children really enjoyed making their own hot air balloons, pretending to be aeroplanes and learning all about the different purposes of helicopters.

The christmas treat has been confirmed as a UV puppet show and permission forms have been distributed.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak to a member of the Nursery team!

Looking forward to all the fun this week brings! Children have already had so much fun today with all the new toys that have been delivered in to the nursery (Pictures to follow this week!) :).

P6 Enterprise

Dear Parents and Carers,

Primary 6 are starting their class enterprise business through “make it grow,” by selling small decorated stockings filled with sweets for £2 in school. The money raised will go towards something for the class at the end of the school year.

Primary 6 will come round the classes with the stockings until the end of term for anyone interested. The children of primary 6 will make as many as they can but stocks will be limited due to time and cost at this busy time of the year.

Thank you for your continued support,

Primary 6 and Miss Moir

Here are some images of our finished product :)

001    004 005

P1S Weekly News

It has been another busy week in Primary 1:

“We were learning to write capital M” – Ashton

“We learned the sound u” – Lucas

“We learned about b” – Jack

“I have enjoyed practising writing our sounds using the right colours” – Sean

“I enjoyed writing a story about me and Peter going to the shows” – Zoe

“I liked drawing a picture of me and Jase in my story” – Leyla

“I liked working out the missing numbers” – Elsie

Next week are looking forward to making things to sell at our Christmas Fayre, learning about Road Safety and wearing something bright and colourful on Wednesday, as well as something Tartan on Friday.

Have a lovely weekend and see you all on Monday. Keep up the great work P1S!

Miss Simpson

This week in P3G…

We have been learning:

• number bonds to 20
  • how to draw and write a story-wheel
  • Christmas songs in French
  • how to spell tricky words