Please see the following information that has been received from the Schools Service –
- Shetland Islands Council’s Children’s Services Department is closing some of its schools and Early Learning and Child Care Settings to children and young people from Monday 16 March to Friday 20 March for operational and resilience reasons.
Bell’s Brae will be closed to all pupils – Homework packs have been sent home with pupils, families can choose if they wish to complete this.
- Fair Isle Primary School, Fetlar Primary School and Foula Primary School will remain open for children and young people.
- All schools will remain open for staff.
- Children’s Services will be issuing further information to parents and carers at the start of next week, which will include information about learning that can be done at home, and electronic communication between children and schools during the closure period.
- There will also be follow-up communication from schools for parents and carers of children with complex additional support needs early next week.