We had a very interesting start to Thursday morning this week. When we arrived at school we were shocked to see a scary message left in blood on our classroom windows. We also had a note to say we were going to be investigating a crime that had happened in our classrooms.
We used our inference reading skills to solve a murder and create a crime report to present to the rest of the class. We were very relieved to find out it had all been pretend and just a way for us to practise what we have been learning about in reading. Quite a few of us managed to correctly identify the victim, suspect, motive and weapon!
This week we also –
- Learnt about the speed, distance, time formula
- Listened to a piece of spooky music and created a response text about it
- Had another session with Jen and Jen from Live n Learn
- Thought about some of the physical and emotional changes during puberty
- Explored Anthony Browne’s ‘Voices in the Park’ book
- Learnt about reproduction in flowering and non-flowering plants
- Set up an experiment to observe germination
- Continued to learn about why we use algebra in maths and in real life
What did you enjoy this week?
Who was in your back up team this week?
What tools from your Skipper toolkit did you use this week?