Acceptable Use Agreement

P4-7 Acceptable Use Agreement

For my own personal safety:

• I will treat my username and password like my toothbrush – I will not share it, nor will I try to use any other person’s username and password. I understand that I should not write down or store a password where it is possible that someone may steal it.

I will not share personal information about myself or others when I’m online.

• I will tell and adult that I trust if I see any unpleasant or inappropriate material or messages or anything that makes me feel uncomfortable.

I will act as I expect others to act toward me:

• I will respect others’ work and property and will not access, copy, remove or otherwise alter any other user’s files, without the owner’s knowledge and permission.
  • I will be polite and responsible when I communicate with others, I will not use aggressive or inappropriate language and I appreciate that others may have different opinions.
  • I will not take or share images of anyone without their permission.
  • I understand that being a responsible digital citizen means that I have the same standards of relationships and behaviour in an online community as I do in the school community.

When using the internet for research or fun, I know that:

• I should ensure that I have permission to use the original work of others in my own work
  • Where work is protected by copyright, I will not try to download copies (including music and videos)
  • When I am using the internet to find information, I should take care to check that the information that I access is accurate, as I understand that the work of others may not be truthful and may be a deliberate attempt to mislead me