WORLD BOOK DAY

It’s World Book Day today- 1st March.

Have you read any books today that you would like to bring into class to share together? Why did you enjoy the book?

Do you prefer fiction books or non-fiction books? Can you explain why?

• If you choose a book to read today remember you do not have to be able to read all of the words. Ask a grown up to help you and you can also talk about the pictures and setting  together.
  • Have you read any snowy story books or poems?
  • Can you make your own story book and we can share them in class together? ( Remember you need a beginning, a middle and an end and some colourful pictures to make your story more interesting to the reader).
  • Story books do not need to have words in them. You can make a story book with only pictures that tell a story. Your pictures need to be very neat and clear so that the person reading it can tell what is happening. Can you make a picture story book that we could share together in groups or a whole class?
  • Have you ever heard the story of,” The lion, the witch and the wardrobe” by CS Lewis ? This is still one of my favourite books and  my teacher shared it with us when  I was at school. How do you think Peebles today is like Narnia in the story? Would you like to live in Narnia ? Why?