Hi everyone, here is a list of the amazing learning that has taken place in Room 18 this week;
- We used Prior Knowledge to make predictions about our new book – Ottoline and The Yellow Cat.
- We explored static electricity using balloons. We were able to understand and comment on how this occurs. We also worked in groups to create a simple circuit.
- We worked out the meaning of unfamiliar words in our reading book using the Metalinguistic Codes. (Ask us more about this and what words we learned.)
- We organised our ideas on the characters in the book using a mind map. We will add to this each time we learn something new about the main characters.
- We also consolidated our knowledge on the four compass points and took our learning outside to give each other directions. We also practised plotting co-ordinates on a grid to create an image.
- This week has also been Dyslexia Awareness Week. We worked with a partner to research this topic and created a Google slide with our findings. This links with children’s right Article 23.
And finally, we have been showing acts of kindness to each other everyday this week. This was to help us understand the Nurture principle – ‘The Importance of Nurture for The Development of Wellbeing.’ We are sharing our work on this at assembly on Tuesday.
Told you we have been busy!
Room 18 🙂