Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

June 27, 2020
by Mrs Norton
0 comments

Story Time with Mrs Norton: Tyrannosaurus Drip

Dear Parents/Carers

I hope this message finds you well.  It is now the last week of the school term and the nursery team would like to wish all our pre-schoolers good luck for their journey to Primary 1 in August.  We have really missed seeing your faces over the last few months and can’t wait to see you all in your school uniforms!

This is my last post before the summer holidays so I thought I’d share one of my favourite stories with the boys and girls.

The learning grid below has some activities you could try at home linked to the story.

Home Learning Grid – Tyrannosaurus Drip

As always, please remember that these activities are only a suggestion – there is no expectation that your child completes all the activities on the attached grid.  Please continue to play and learn in a way that suits you and your family circumstances.

If you would like to share any photos of what the boys and girls have been doing at home we would love to see them – I’d love to see pictures of your water monsters!  Please e-mail your photos to gw17nortonvictoria@glow.sch.uk.

I hope you have a brilliant summer and I am looking forward to seeing all our boys and girls in August.

Mrs Norton and The Newton Farm Nursery Team

See the source image

June 24, 2020
by Mrs Webber
0 comments

SLC Parent/Carer update

Please see the below letter:

Dear Parent/Carer

Information Update – 24 June 2020

Normally the last day of the summer term is a time when parents, carers and families are able to reflect and to celebrate the progress and achievements their children have made during the school year.

There is no doubt this year has been one of significant change for all of us. However, it has not been one without hope and inspiration and I have witnessed the way in which families and young people have supported each other, as well as some of the outstanding work that that has taken place between schools and families.

Yesterday’s announcement by the Deputy First Minister outlining the ambition for a full return to schools for pupils in August, if it is safe to do so, is something that we would all welcome. He said: ‘If we stay on track, if we all continue to do what is right, and if we can further suppress this terrible virus, the Government believes that we should prepare for children to be able to return to school full time in August.’ 

It is very important that we support our children and young people following on from what I am sure will have been one of the most significant periods in their lifetime.  I delighted to have seen how excited our P1 and P7 pupils have been when we have had some of them in our schools during the past week or so.  Of course, there are considerable logistical issues that we will need to address, such as what does getting back to normal look like, issues around transport and, of course, how we welcome our children and young people back.  I would wish to reassure you that this will be the focus for our team during the summer period.

I am now waiting on further national advice and guidance that will help guide us in our preparations. I will be back in contact over the summer when we have some specific information about the restart in August. I am acutely aware that you only have a note of our blended learning plans, which if deemed safe to do so, will need to be changed for a full return of all pupils in August.

We will continue to work closely with our council colleagues, professional associations and trade union partners and keep you updated. Schools close today for their summer break, and staff have been working extremely hard in setting up classrooms, preparing resources and arrangements, much of which we will build on for August.

Once again, thank you for your ongoing support.

Take care and stay safe.

Tony McDaid

Executive Director of Education Resources

June 18, 2020
by Mrs Webber
0 comments

Primary 7 Important Information

We would like to invite our Primary 7 pupils to come and collect their Leavers gifts from the Parent Council at the school on Tuesday 23rd.

If the weather is good, staff will be outside the community wing entrance of the school between 1.30pm and 2.30pm. If the weather is poor, staff will be inside the building, in the community wing foyer.

Pupils are welcome to come along at any time between 1.30pm and 2.30pm but should keep socially distant from others at all times.

We will take a photo of each pupil as they collect their gift and will compile these for the blog and twitter.

June 12, 2020
by Ms Hogg
0 comments

P1 Invitations

4 Ways to Invite People to Like Your Facebook Page | My Business ...

***************************** New P1 Pupils************************************

We have sent out invites to all new P1 pupils starting Newton Farm in August. Invites were posted this week with dates and times for pupils and one adult to attend a short visit to the school, to meet some of the staff and see their new classroom.

If you have not received your invite before Monday please contact us at the school and we can confirm your day and time.

We are looking forward to meeting you all!!!