Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

June 26, 2024
by Mrs Norton
0 comments

Goodbye from Room 4

And just like that Primary 1 is over. It is an absolute privilege to have got to know all the boys and girls this year. I want to thank you all for trusting me with their learning journey and for all your support this year.

A massive thank you for all your kind words and generous gifts. I am totally overwhelmed by your generosity.

Have a wonderful summer everyone.

Mrs Norton

Our thoughts by room 4:

LH – I really liked the classroom

AM – I liked making playdough

JC – I liked everything

SG – I will miss you buddies

CM – I liked when we were on the rope

SM – I liked learning the alphabet

KE – I’ll miss you

EW – I’ll miss the classroom

ZE – I loved the experiment

YS – I liked everything

RP – I liked everything

CL – I liked learning the common words

HM – I liked playing outside with my friends.

JC – I liked everything except hometime.

June 26, 2024
by Miss O'Brien
0 comments

Goodbye, Room 7

Our final blog for this academic year. Well done to each and every one of you for all your progress and achievements, this year. I am very proud of you. I hope you and your families have a lovely holiday and I wish you all well for Primary 3.

I’ll end the year with a few photos of our final weeks in Primary 2.

Miss O’Brien

June 25, 2024
by Mr Dalling
0 comments

Room 13’s End of Term Blog

Good Morning all,

Room 13 have had such a busy final term. It was great to see so many adults at our school events such as parents evening, sports day, the learning festival and at our open afternoon to see our jotters and worksheets. The pupils worked really hard to create Pop Art in their own style for you to see on the walls at the latter event.

In the last few weeks, we have been carrying out reading, spelling and numeracy assessments to help our next teacher learn what we know already. We had our meet the teacher session on Friday afternoon which was very exciting.

Last week we completed our solo talks on something we like or one of our favourite things. It was fantastic to see the effort the pupils put into their PowerPoint presentations and their notes. I was really impressed with our listening skills and the quality of questions we were asking the presenters.

From a personal note I want to wish all the children in Room 13 the best of luck going into P4 and beyond at Newton Farm. I’ve enjoyed being their teacher and I wanted to thank the adults for the generous gifts and the kind words I’ve received. All the best for the future.

Kind Regards,

Mr Dalling.

June 21, 2024
by Miss Mulreany
0 comments

Our Weekly Update! :-)

Hello everyone,

Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week.

HL – Today we are going to meet our new Primary 3 teacher. I am feeling excited to meet Mr Allen.

AB – Today we are going to do water balloons with Ms Gray for Science.

RMcB – We went to Room 6 this week. They taught us to dance and do different body beats. It is all about fun.

GO – Today we went to assembly and the big P7s were doing a show to say goodbye.

FMcD – I got the certificate for Star Mathematician and I got it for doing calculations in my head.

CG – Today is Esme’s birthday and she is turning 7.

This week, we have also been marking Arts Week and participating in lots of expressive arts activities arranged by some of our teachers and pupils. It has been a great week and we have enjoyed having lots of visitors come to see us.

June 20, 2024
by Miss Lockhart
0 comments

Room 1 and Room 2 Olympics Day

Hello everyone,

We have had a fantastic day celebrating the Olympics. We have worked really hard in class and have enjoyed learning about the games and participating in lots of new sports.

Have a look at a snapshot of our sporting events and celebrations below.

June 18, 2024
by Mrs Rae
0 comments

Directions 🧭/Access All Arts Week 🎭🎶

This week, Room 6 have been learning about directional language. After previously looking at left, right, forwards and backwards, we have now moved on to positions on a compass. We spoke about what compasses are used for and how they can help us find our way if we are lost or reading a map. We learned about the words ‘North’, ‘East’, ‘South’ and ‘West’ and practised some mnemonics to help us remember these, such as:

Never Eat Shredded Wheat

Naughty Elephants Squirt Water

We enjoyed using our understanding to make our own compass which we could take home with us. Have a look at some of our fantastic designs.

This week we are also participating in ‘Access All Arts’ week, where we can celebrate all things art. We are having a super focus on art, drama, music and dance, and are very lucky to be having visitors from Room 18 in on Thursday to teach us all about drama using our Toys topic.

We are also very excited because Room 6 are taking on the role of teachers for different classes in the infant corridors. We have been practising our music skills both yesterday and today so we can teach these classes all about body percussion. We have even moved the tables and chairs so that our classroom is all ready for our music workshops. We can’t wait!

Pupil Voice

Here are some comments from this week’s learning:

EM – I liked when we were showing our toy posters and brought home the folders to show our families our work.
EL – I liked when we did our compasses and I am excited for people to come into our class.
SJ – I liked making the compasses.
JR – I liked when we made the thank you cards. 
QO – I liked when we were learning about the compasses, I liked doing the toy posters and I am so excited for the other classes to come in.
RF – I liked doing the compasses and I liked doing the posters of the toys.
BrM – I liked doing the toy posters and I hope I get to show my toy poster. 
ND – I really liked showing the parents all of the work that we have done because we have put in lots of effort and I think the parents really liked it. 
Have a great Arts week everyone!

Room 6 and Mrs Rae 😊

June 14, 2024
by L Kerr
0 comments

Room 8

Room 8 want to say a huge thank you to everyone who made it along to see our art work last night. We have included some pictures below for everyone to see.

We have spent the last few weeks learning of different art techniques and developing our skills in art and design. We focussed on the following techniques:

surrealism , pointillism and graffiti art.
We thoroughly enjoyed it and the children created some amazing work.

We are continuing to work hard revising and consolidating previous taught learning.
please encourage your child to continuing to read for pleasure at home.

Today we learned the National Anthem and enjoyed a little sing song to hype us for the football tonight.
Have a lovely weekend.

Mrs K x

June 14, 2024
by Mr McCourt
0 comments

Room 16

We want to thank all of the parents and family members who attended our open afternoon, it was so fun to show off all of our amazing work we have produced over the last year!

We have had an exciting week in numeracy, learning all about capacity and volume by tapping into our magic side and making potions with unicorn tears, snake venom, dragons blood, and more!

For literacy we have been working on our final piece of narrative writing for Primary 4, drawing on all of our learned skills to make a perfect writing piece.

We have been enjoying PE this week by playing rounders alongside Room 15, we have shown great teamwork and coordination.

We have continued with our Ancient Greece IDL project by looking at the Olympic games. We have created Olympic wreaths to showcase our understanding of their history and meaning.

For ICT, we have enjoyed using different experiments by Google, check it out: bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=99f1a7a63ffc25f2JmltdHM9MTcxODMyMzIwMCZpZ3VpZD0zMzNjYjdhNS1hMTNmLTZjMDEtMDZiNi1hMzNiYTA0NjZkMDUmaW5zaWQ9NTIxMQ&ptn=3&ver=2&hsh=3&fclid=333cb7a5-a13f-6c01-06b6-a33ba0466d05&psq=experiments+by+google&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9leHBlcmltZW50cy53aXRoZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&ntb=1

We have explored different ways to make music through coding, and we have even been able to play some Beethoven!

From Room 16,

Have a lovely weekend.

June 11, 2024
by Mrs Rae
0 comments

To begin our post today, we are very pleased because last Friday we got the amazing news that Room 6 won the ‘Walk to School Week’ challenge for being the most active class!
Over the past week, Room 6 have been learning about money. Some activities that we have enjoyed doing to help us develop our knowledge have been coin rubbing, adding coins together to make a total, change from 20p, and listing coins to make an amount.
We also have been working hard in our Health and Wellbeing lesson. On Friday, we learned the PANTS rule. We designed our own pants and really enjoyed the Pantosaurus song.
Yesterday, our focus was on discussing ways to be a good friend. We worked together to come up with some good ways to support our friends, before making a friendship tree on the board with all of our super ideas.
Pupil Voice

Here are some comments on this week’s learning:
SM – I liked when we won the Walk to School certificate.
QO – I really enjoyed the toys topic and the money topic and really excited for the school holidays. 
DM – I’m happy that we drew our toys.
HW – I really liked when we heard the Pantosaurus song and made the pants. 
IR – I really liked when we did the coin rubbing and liked the lesson about Pantosaurus. 
AbS – I loved when we made our own toys.
Have a great week everyone!
Room 6 and Mrs Rae 🙂