Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Euromix and Our Showcase 🚚🌟

Room 6 had a very busy day last Thursday. We were lucky to get a chance to visit Euromix, a company that makes mortar that is used to build houses, schools and other buildings. We learned that this company even helped build our school and some houses in our area.
We had a fantastic morning learning all about how to stay safe on building sites and the road. The workers did some quizzes with us all about staying safe around big lorries and trucks and we also played some fun games about stopping distances. This helped us learn how far away we had to be from large vehicles so we can stay safe. Our favourite part was when we got a shot of tooting the horn in the truck and playing the games! It was a super morning. We were so lucky to also all get a high visibility vest and goody bag each to take away with us too.
When we got back to school, we had our class showcase in the afternoon. We would like to thank all of the family members that were able to attend. We loved showing you around our classroom and practising our learning activities with you!
Pupil Voice
Here are some comments about this week’s learning:
IR – I liked when the parents came in and also I liked the school trip.
HW, CM – I really like doing the ‘ss’ sound. 
AR – I liked the showcase because I loved doing my activities with mum and dad.
QJO, JR – I loved when my mum and dad came and I think it was the loudest when I beeped the horn on the school trip.
EL – I loved the school trip and I really like the pencil case from the goody bag because I have been using it a lot.
SG – I loved doing free flow play.
ND – I really liked honking the horn and the trip. I really liked doing all of the activities at the showcase. 
BrMc – I loved when I beeped the horn on the school trip and think I was the loudest.
Have an amazing week!
Room 6 and Mrs Rae 😊