Welcome Back Primary 4!

Hello everyone!

We have all had a lovely first week back and have enjoyed getting to know all of our new Primary 4’s! The children have settled in really well to the routines of their new classrooms.

We have read a couple of great stories this week. On Tuesday, we looked at a book called ‘The Dot’ which was all about trying new things and “making your mark”. Then on Wednesday, we read ‘Ish’ which focussed on being kind to others and that it ok to not be right all the time. The children made their own dot and ish pictures and they were brilliant!

Over the next few weeks, our Health and Wellbeing topic work will be based on the story ‘Yours Sincerely, Giraffe’. The children made excellent predictions by looking at the front cover and blurb. After reading the first Chapter, we discovered two of the main characters were feeling nervous for different reasons. We thought about the times we have also felt nervous and suggested some top tips that may help us whenever we feel this way.

Our PE days will be a Monday (outside) and a Thursday (inside) this term. We appreciate your efforts in ensuring the children come to school wearing their PE kits (white T-shirt, navy or black shorts/ trousers and a school jumper) on these days. The children can wear shorts under their trousers if they wish to for indoor PE on the Thursday as it can get quite warm in the hall.

A newsletter will be coming home next week with more information about what we will be learning this term.

Here are what some of our Primary 4’s had to say about their first week back:

“I enjoyed P.E. this week.” – AH

“I enjoyed making the birthday cards.” – XC

“I enjoyed making the hot air balloons.” – MB

“I enjoyed starting to read our book.” – ZB

“I enjoyed art.” – JR

Have a lovely weekend!

Miss Morris and Mr Woodward