Primary 1 27.3.20

Happy Friday everyone!

We hope you’ve had a great first week learning from home. Remember please only do what you can, we know it’s a stressful time for everyone just now.

Today you could do a piece of writing! Here is a suggested activity to do in your castle book:

If I was trapped in a giant’s castle and I had to trick the giant, I would…

Copy out this sentence and then continue the story. You can get creative! This sentence is inspired by the fairy tale, Jack and the Beanstalk. What would you do to trick the giant, remember you don’t want him to catch you? You are much smaller than him so maybe you could tickle his ear, so he starts laughing. This would give you a chance to escape! I am sure you can come up with lots of ways to trick the giant.

Things to remember when writing:
• Full stops
• Capital letters
• Finger spaces
• Sound out the words on your own
• As a challenge: use a connective, for example, and

Please don’t worry if your child doesn’t spell each word correctly, they should write down the sounds they hear. You can say the word slowly to help them hear the sounds.

Once you are finished, we would love to see a picture of your writing posted on your online learning journal.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend when it comes, and we will talk to you again on Monday.

Thank you for all your support and for sharing your learning so far with us.

Miss Cunningham, Miss Christy and Miss Daun

One thought on “Primary 1 27.3.20”

1. Good morning Primary 1!
    I hope you are all having a lovely morning and that you and your family are all keeping safe and well.
    Have any of you come up with any creative ideas of how to trick the Giant and escape the castle? It’s great to see some of the stories you are posting on the Learning Journals. There was a great idea this morning about distracting the giant by throwing a stone so they could escape! What a creative idea!
    I hope you all have a great weekend and manage to get outside for some exercise.
    We are all missing you very much,
    Thank you for all of your support at this time.
    Primary 1 teachers