P3 Weekly Highlights

Thank you to all the parents  who were able to make it along on Friday to receive their Book Bug Bags and to see the children working on different literacy and numeracy activities related to the books for Scottish book week.    I hope you all enjoy reading the stories and using your playing cards at home.

november-c-to-be-sorted-143november-c-to-be-sorted-141november-c-to-be-sorted-158november-c-to-be-sorted-155november-c-to-be-sorted-153

In topic we have been learning about ‘The Inuit’ and the Inukshuk, the singular of inuksuit, means “in the likeness of a human” in the Inuit language. They are monuments made of unworked stones that are used by the Inuit for communication and survival. The traditional meaning of the inukshuk is “Someone was here” or “You are on the right path.”

In Art we designed our own Inuksuit.

nov-cc-to-be-sorted-011nov-cc-to-be-sorted-009nov-cc-to-be-sorted-006nov-cc-to-be-sorted-005nov-cc-to-be-sorted-004

Aaron K – I enjoyed drawing pictures as part of our ‘Golden Time’.

Nicole:I had lots of fun talking to my mum during book bag event.

Josh:In maths we have been learning to subtract 11 using the strategy: subtract 10 and then subtract 1 more and we had lots of fun using dienes to work out our answers.

Samantha:I enjoyed writing ‘My Magic Crayon’ story.

Maya:I loved everything in school this week.

Ryan:I enjoyed working with a partner in maths.

P.E.:We have been learning how to play badminton

Arran:I enjoyed drawing our  ‘inushuk’ pictures as part of our topic work.

Aaron:I enjoyed drawing my crayon picture as part of our book bag activities.

Roots of Empathy

We had to draw and write about a time when we were feeling sad.

november-c-to-be-sorted-040 november-c-to-be-sorted-089 november-c-to-be-sorted-050 november-c-to-be-sorted-070 november-c-to-be-sorted-052