Another wonderful week of learning in Primary 4

We have been carrying out a lot of research for our castles topic. This week we researched different parts of the castleĀ  and worked in groups to produce posters about what we have learned. We had to make sure that we make sure that everyone participated and supported each other with this task. It was important to listen to the ideas of everyone in the group and we all had different roles to perform. The posters are very informative and also have bright, colourful sketches too.

In maths we have started to look at time. We made our own analogue clocks, which we have been using for lots of fun time games and we have looked at o’clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to times. We know that there are 24 hours in a day and that we use am and pm to help us too.

The title of our imaginative writing task this week was A Princess in Peril and we had to make sure that it had a clear beginning, middle and end. Everyone worked hard to make sure that they included VCOP in their work.

Today we had a Fairtrade assembly about bananas. We learned about the journey of the banana from farms to stores and the important people who are involved in making this happen.

‘I learned that in the Great Hall table cloths were made out of different materials.’ Katie

‘I have learned about the dungeons because there were no pillows and there were no lights.’ Daryl

‘I learned that a dungeon isĀ  a small, airless cell.’ Kalanah

‘ I leanred that am is in the morning and that pm is after noon until midnight.’ Conner

‘I learned that dungeons were undergroud.’ Beth M

‘We listened to the bible story of Jacob and Esau and htat God was angry with Esau for giving up his birthright so easily.’ Alex

‘Esau got his name becuase that was their word for red and he was red and hairy when he was born.’ Laurie-Anne

‘ We worked in partners to research and sequence the steps to becoming a knight.’ Ciara

Primary 4