Mrs. J Smith (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) – Primary and Secondary
Mr. M Manson (Tuesday and Friday) – Secondary
Welcome to Physical Education (PE)
It is our intent for the Physical Education curriculum to deliver high-quality lessons that inspire all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. We aim to provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. We want to provide opportunities to compete in sport and other activities that build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
Every child in P1-S4 will receive 2 periods of PE each week.
• Pupils are expected to participate in all PE lessons to the best of their ability.
• Pupils are expected to bring a full change of clothing for every PE lesson – Including appropriate footwear and clothing suitable for outdoor activities.
• The PE department has a ‘No Note’ policy. Pupils who are injured/unwell should continue to bring their PE kit and take part in lessons where appropriate.
The national curriculum for Physical Education aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives
In P.E, children will develop movement skills, competencies and concepts. In addition to improving their cooperation and competition skills they will learn to evaluate and appreciate their and others performances. Pupils will work on these significant aspects of learning -Physical competencies, Physical Fitness, Personal qualities and Cognitive skills through team games, individual games, gymnastics, dance, fitness and swimming. Within P.E lessons, children will adopt many different roles such as a performer, coach, umpire and leader.
PE courses include
S1 – S3 Physical Education, Physical Activity and Sport
S4 Core Physical Education
National 4 and 5
- Monday Badminton coaching
- 4.35-5.30pm for 3 South Mainland Schools
- Saturday Table Tennis Bolts Junior League for U16 and U13’s
- Monday Badminton coaching 3.40-4.35pm for Secondary pupils
- Link to Ness United Football Clubs
- Link to South Mainland Netball Club
- Senior Sandwick Badminton Club on Monday