What will my child learn in Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies?
You child will:
· develop critical thinking through participating in creative, interesting and challenging work
· learn to think differently; identifying issues in particular beliefs, stances and arguments and be able to respond to those in a reflective and persuasive way
· develop tolerance and open-mindedness of other faiths, cultures and belief systems
· be encouraged to engage with the Big Questions in our world through the study of religion, morality and philosophy.
· broaden and deepen their understanding of our own cultural diversity
RMPS is a formal SQA qualification and the Higher is listed by both Glasgow and Strathclyde universities as one of the possible Highers you can apply with. It can lead to a range of jobs and professions, such as teaching, police work, social work, law and civil service, to name but some