Department Resources can be accessed by clicking the below:
- There are no restrictions on the resources you can use when writing folio pieces.
- All resources used for persuasive writing must be acknowledged in footnotes or bibliography: details must be specific.
- Candidates should take the lead in planning, managing and completing the folio.
- Teachers can support candidates in planning folio pieces.
- It is acceptable for your teacher to support you in the following ways:
- An initial discussion with candidate on selection of topic, leading to an outline plan.
- Written or oral feedback before final draft submission.
- It is not acceptable for your teacher to support you in the following ways:
- Specific advice on how to rephrase wording.
- Key ideas, or a specific structure or plan.
- Corrections of errors in spelling and punctuation.
In preparation for writing your personal essay, you will:
- Discuss topic selection with your teacher.
- Submit a bullseye plan and introduction to your teacher – feedback will be provided.
- Submit an extract from your personal essay to your teacher – oral feedback will be provided.
- Plan your first draft thoroughly – this must be your best effort.
The first draft of the personal essay will be completed under controlled conditions: pupils will be given 4 periods to complete this and any relevant resources can be used.