We will add spelling resources for each group here regularly.
Here is a useful resource from NLC: A Guide for Parents to Assisting Your Child with Spelling
Week Beginning 8 June 2020
- Phonics Knowledge – had, h-a-d you can sound out all the letters.
- Word Shape –why
- Word within a word – also
- Syllabification – yesterday, yes ter day
- Compound Words – homework, home work
- Analogy – light, bright, sight
- Mnemonic – separate, There is a rat in separate.
- Spelling Rule – coming, drop the e and add ing.
Week Beginning 1 June 2020
Red: Spelling – Week 5
Blue & Green: Continue with Second Level Spelling Stage 5 Unit 13 ‘s’ representations List and Games phoneme s
Yellow: Phoneme “kn”
Week Beginning 25 May 2020
Red: Spelling – Week 4
Blue & Green Second Level Spelling Stage 5 Unit 13 ‘s’ representations List and Games phoneme s
Yellow: Phoneme “ff”