Lochend Community High School is a co-educational non-denominational secondary school located in Easterhouse, in the north east of Glasgow.
Lochend Community High School, which opened in 1963 as Lochend Secondary, amalgamated with Westwood Secondary in 1988 in the former school buildings. In 2002, we moved into the current campus to provide the best resources to our students and community. The school is designed to hold 850 pupils with an attractive social space at its heart–doubling as dining facilities and a performance venue.
We have the highest expectations of ourselves and our learners. Our school values are at the heart of our learning community, and our pupils are motivated to be ready, resilient and safe.
Lochend CHS Sports Centre
Lochend Community High School shares a campus with Lochend CHS Sports Centre which hosts a variety of facilities which are managed by Glasgow Club Easterhouse a part of Glasgow Life.
The Facilities include:
- 5 full size quality grass pitches;
- 1 full size floodlit synthetic pitch;
- 1 floodlit synthetic five-a-side pitch;
- 1 indoor hall for five-a-side or badminton;
- 2 indoor gyms suitable for dance, martial arts, children’s activities;
- Top quality changing facilities.
Our facilities include:
- Large open-plan performance and social space suitable for our whole school;
- 24 general classrooms with AppleTV technology
- 4 dedicated ICT teaching areas
- 6 fully equipped science labs
- 3 design and technology workshops
- 2 art and design studios
- 2 health, food and textile technologies (HFTT) rooms
- 2 music rooms
- 1 drama studio
- 2 gymnasia
- 1 games hall.
All of our teaching areas have access to wifi are equipped with the latest AppleTV technology allowing staff and pupils to take full advantage of digital technologies, including their individual Glasgow Connected Learning iPads. The inclusion of a large library and IT Learning Centre helps pupils and teachers make the most of digital technology.
Our physical education facilities include:
- 4 indoor areas
- a synthetic pitch
- a grass pitch
- a running track.
As the name may indicate, Lochend Community High School sits at the edge of the Seven Lochs Wetland Park, the largest urban park in Scotland, which is an incredible natural resource for practical learning experiences.