Lochend Community High School is one of Glasgow City Council’s co-educational non-denominational schools.
Lochend Community High School, which opened in 1963 as Lochend Secondary, amalgamated with Westwood Secondary in 1988 in the former school buildings. In 2002, we moved into the current campus to provide the best resources to our students and community. The school is designed to hold 850 pupils with an attractive social space at its heart–doubling as dining facilities and a performance venue.
Lochend CHS Sports Centre
Lochend Community High School shares a campus with Lochend CHS Sports Centre which hosts a variety of facilities which are managed by Glasgow Club Easterhouse a part of Glasgow Life.
The Facilities include:
- 5 full size quality grass pitches;
- 1 full size floodlit synthetic pitch;
- 1 floodlit synthetic five-a-side pitch;
- 1 indoor hall for five-a-side or badminton;
- 2 indoor gyms suitable for dance, martial arts, children’s activities;
- Top quality changing facilities.
Our facilities include:
- 1 large open-plan dining/performance/social space;
- 24 general classrooms
- 6 dedicated ICT teaching areas
- 8 science labs
- 4 technical rooms
- 4 art and design rooms
- 3 home economics rooms
- 2 music rooms
- 1 drama studio
- 2 gymnasia
- 1 games hall.
The inclusion of a large library and IT Learning Centre helps pupils and teachers make the most of digital technology.
Physical education facilities include:
- 4 indoor areas
- a synthetic pitch
- a grass pitch
- a running track.
As the name may indicate, Lochend Community High School sits at the edge of the Seven Lochs Wetland Park, the largest urban park in Scotland, which is an incredible natural resource for practical learning experiences.