For those with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), this pandemic may lead to an increase in intrusive thoughts, repetitive behaviours and anxiety. As a result, OCD UK have produced a set of survival tips to help:
- differentiate between the recommended public health advice for this virus and OCD induced behaviours
- help combine therapeutic steps whilst engaging in these recommended behaviours
- stay safe!
- controlling exposure to the news
- follow recommended advice
- stay connected
- setting a routine
- being compassionate to yourself
- where to get help
If you want to understand more about what someone with OCD is experiencing, this summary page explains OCD and how the coronavirus may be affecting them.
Click on the picture below to view the leaflet.