When we feel angry, anxious or stressed, relaxation activities can help us to feel calm and focussed. Here are some fun ideas:
More Breathing Techniques
Strawberry/blow a candle (Smell the strawberry..blow out the candle..)
Smell the flowers (Smell the flowers..one by one..)
Blow up the balloon .. then let it go
A dragon’s head can be made out of a paper cup and some streamers The idea is to blow a deep breath out through a small hole in the bottom of the cup making the fire fly upwards (this can be made out of crepe paper, or even cutup napkins or tissue paper).
Tummy Breathing Exercise
1. Place one hand just above your tummy and the other
on your chest.
2. Open your mouth and gently sigh, as if someone had just told you something really annoying. As you breathe out let your shoulders and the muscles of your upper body relax, down.
3. Close your mouth and pause for a few seconds.
4. Keep your mouth closed and breathe in slowly through your nose by pushing out your tummy.
5. Now stop for 3 seconds.
6. Open your mouth. Breathe out through your mouth by pulling your tummy in.
7. Pause. Now do steps 4-7 for as many times as it takes for you to feel calm again.
For more ideas, click here.
The process should include the following:
1. Tense the muscles
2. Notice the feeling in all the muscles that are tight
4. Enjoy the pleasant feelings
Muscle Relaxation technique websites
Visualisation/Guided Relaxation with visuals
Try out Christiane Kerr apps – (each one lasts approximately 4 minutes)