The CLD team delivers youth work across East Renfrewshire. We work with young people from Primary 7 up to age 25, in the community and in schools. Youth work is delivered on a consensual basis on subjects that matter to young people. We offer both universal and targeted support.
CLD deliver a range of opportunities and activities for young people in their local communities. These services offer young people the opportunity to come together in a safe space to develop friendships, learn new skills and be involved in their local community. Some examples of this include:
- Community Based Youth Work – youth groups based in local communities.
- Detached Youth Work – youth workers engaging with young people outdoors in areas where young people spend their time.
- Duke Of Edinburgh – youth award programme focusing on volunteering, developing skills and outdoor activities (young people aged 14+)
- East Renfrewshire Youth Voice – an opportunity for young people to come together to take action on issues of importance.
- LGBTi – youth groups based in local communities for young people from the LGBTi community and their allies.
CLD design and deliver a range of opportunities based on the needs of young people. These services offer young people the opportunity to meet with peers, a trusted professional and to participate in activities that respond to their identified needs. Targeted youth work is driven by the needs of young people and the issues they face. Referrals can come from agencies, parent/carers or young people themselves. Examples of targeted youth work:
- Additional Support Needs – social groups for young people with additional support needs
- RespectER – group work focusing on relationships, sexual health and developing positive self-worth.
- Young parents – pre-natal and post-natal support groups for young people and their birthing partners.
- Issue based groups – group work that focuses on improving young people’s knowledge and understanding of issues faced by them eg drugs & alcohol, anti-social behaviour, employability, personal development.
- Youth Work in Schools – a range of support and opportunities delivered within schools. This is developed in partnership with school staff to address needs.
Other opportunities for targeted youth work can be developed in response to need. For more information or to discuss further, contact the CLD team directly.