Week Beginning 15.02.21

We have another wee short week this week as it’s an in-service day on Monday and you get an extra day off! Here is the suggested weekly timetable and underneath it you will find more detailed instructions for tasks. Hopefully you have all picked up your new pack of resources from the school as we will be using these this week.

Timetable Week 6  <— Click here to download timetable

Below are your spelling words for the week.

Spelling Words 15.02.21 <—Click here to download spelling words

Monday

*HOLIDAY*

Tuesday (Mrs Sheikh)

• P.E with Cosmic Kids Yoga –  https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
  • Morning Check in on Teams at 9.30am
  • Spelling – Look/say/cover/write/check 3 times & write dictionary definitions in lined jotter. (remember you can find the meanings online)
  • Reading – Please click on the link below for your group’s Bug Club Task Card, read the pages, answer the Bug questions and complete the tasks for Session 3 in lined jotter.

Dahl – Sharks  Session 3 Reading Pages 24-31

Rowling – The Highway Man’s Revenge  Session 3 Reading (pages 37-50)

Walliams – The Dragon’s Tale  Session 3 Reading (pages 39-56)

Morpurgo – Charlie and Alice: Finding a Friend  Session 3 Reading (pages 34-40)

Lewis – Come Down Golden  Session 3 Reading (pages 63-73)

• Numeracy – Complete the workbook pages allocated below in your Numeracy jotter.

Rectangles and Circles – Workbook page (Around Avonside: Perimeter Formula pg. 71) then 15 minutes on Sumdog. Now choose activities from the menu to practise your times tables. Times-Table-Menu 

Squares and Triangles – This week we have set you a challenge on Sumdog so would like you to spend at least 30 minutes on this today. Now choose activities from the menu to practise your times tables. Times-Table-Menu 

• Music – Go on to Mrs McDougall’s Blog and complete a task.
  • Afternoon check in on Teams at 1.30pm
  • IDL – Complete one task from the activity grid  Space Activity Grid

Wednesday (Mrs Gaw)

Rectangles/Circles – Workbook pages (Finding the Area pg 122&123). Click on the following link to watch a short video on finding the area of shapes – https://clickv.ie/w/oywp.  Now spend at least  15 minutes on Sumdog.

Squares /Triangles -This week we have set you a challenge on Sumdog so would like you to spend at least 30 minutes on this today.

• Literacy – Writing task – We have all been at home for a long time now. Some of you have still been going to school but it has been different. What are the things that you have missed? Some of them might surprise you! Make a list of the things that you have been missing during lockdown and write a poem starting each stanza with, ‘I didn’t know I’d miss – ‘. Try to describe each thing carefully so we can totally picture what you are missing. You could use similes/metaphors/the senses/alliteration, etc. This is an example written by a girl called Tina. She has been missing lots of things about school. Click on the link for a printable version.  ‘Things I Miss’ Printable

Things I Miss!

I didn’t know I’d miss –
the hum of everyone in assembly
and the joyful sound of us singing together.

I didn’t know I’d miss –
Miss Wood on the flipchart writing up our ideas
as we make up a story together
and the room is alive with creativity.

I didn’t know I’d miss –
meeting with my friends each morning,
even when the playground was cold.

I didn’t know I’d miss –
showing the little ones how to read
and help my friends with tidying up the class.

I didn’t know I’d miss –
my pencil case with all my pencils
and the smell of the inside of my school bag.

I didn’t know I’d miss –
finding a new book that I love from the class library.

I didn’t know I’d miss –
school dinners, especially
the thick layer on top of custard.                     By Tina

• Afternoon check in on Teams at 1.30pm

Thursday (Mrs Gaw)

Rectangles/Circles – Workbook pages (Area of a Rectangle pg. 124&125) then at least 15 minutes on Sumdog. Now choose activities from the menu to practise your times tables. Times-Table-Menu

Squares /Triangles – This week we have set you a challenge on Sumdog so would like you to spend at least 30 minutes on this today. Now choose activities from the menu to practise your times tables. Times-Table-Menu

• Spelling – Look/say/cover/write/check 3 times & write a quality sentence for each of your spelling words in lined jotter.
  • Literacy – Complete the task (detailed below) from the new Comprehension Booklet in your lined jotter. (Remember to answer in sentences.)

Dahl/Rowling/Walliams – ‘Pinecones’

Morpurgo/Lewis – ‘The Disappearing Days’

• Art – Have a google then start a doodle in the style of a famous Scottish artist. Click on the link for some ideas.  Daily Doodles – Scottish Artists
  • Afternoon check in on Teams at 1.30pm

Friday (Mrs Gaw)

• P.E with Joe Wicks – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
  • Morning Check in on Teams at 9.30am
  • Reading – Please click on the link below for your group’s Bug Club Task Card. Make sure you have read all the the pages, answer the Bug questions and then complete the tasks for Session 4 in lined jotter.

Dahl – Sharks  Session 4 Reading Task

Rowling – The Highway Man’s Revenge  Session 4 Reading Task  *Live call on Teams at 10.15am*

Walliams – The Dragon’s Tale  Session 4 Reading Task

Morpurgo – Charlie and Alice: Finding a Friend  Session 4 Reading Task  *Live call on Teams at 10.00am*

Lewis – Come Down Golden  Session 4 Reading Task  *Live call on Teams at 9.45am*

Rectangles and Circles – First page of basic operations Workbook (6-Digit by 1-Digit Multiplication). Make sure you have finished the Sumdog challenge then choose activities from the menu to practise your times tables. Times-Table-Menu

Squares/Triangles – First page of basic operations Workbook (4-Digit Addition Sheet 1)  Make sure you have finished the Sumdog challenge then choose activities from the menu to practise your times tables. Times-Table-Menu

• Spelling test and check in on Teams at 11.45am