Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Christmas Fun

In Room 14, we have been having a fantastic time preparing for Christmas events. On a Friday we have been setting up Christmas themed stations/areas in the classroom. Last Friday we had a nail salon, Santa’s Workshop (lego construction), Christmas Kindness chains, Christmas Imaginative Stories, Snowflake Designs, Christmas Book Lists, Designing your Dream Christmas Menu and Christmas Reading. A lot of the stations were created by the pupils in our class.

Joanna – “I liked the designing my own snowflakes. I got to take it home. I taught other people how to cut them and make their own designs.”

Amber – I liked working in the nail salon. I liked talking to customers and seeing them happy with their nails. Miss Kennedy painted my nails and then asked for £20 for a polish. Luckily she was joking but it is helping us to learn about money too.”

Fraser – “I worked in Santa’s Workshop. I built toys. I built a robot. It’s good to get creative.”

Max – “I liked that we got to design our own toys.”

Lucy – “I liked the story writing area. I wrote a story about Candy Cane Lane. I love imaginative writing and try to write my own stories as often as possible.”

Keeva – “I liked working in the nail salon. I like doing other people’s nails and chatting to them. I would like to have a nail business when I grown up. We called our class business, Newton Nails.”

Carlisle – “I drew a grinch picture.”

Lacey – “I made a chain that said kind things about the people in my class and my family. Here is an emaple: Joanna is really kind to me.

We have been learning our songs for our Christmas Concert too. It has been a fun few weeks in Room 14.