The Big 5 Listen to what the The Big 5 is all about
This is the Year of Natural Scotland! The Big 5 are out there! The Whiskered Diver! The Roaring Monarch! The High Flyer! The Curious Seadog and The Tufted Acrobat! Celebrate the beauty and diversity of Scotland by creating an animated adventure starring these Nature Superheroes! Get outdoors, look at photographs, ask experts and watch video clips and wildlife webcams to research the Big 5. Storyboard an adventure tale. Create models and sets. Collect and make natural superhero sound effects. Share ideas, resources and help each other solve problems. Use stop motion animation and editing software to bring the Big 5 to life and then have your Big 5 animation adventure shared with Scotland!
- Select and organise ideas and information logically
- Write an adventure story with great characters and settings
- Use visual information to make models and sets
- Explore and use animation software
- Record and make sound effects
- Edit, publish and promote your adventure tale
- Appreciate Scottish biodiversity
- Learners across Scotland
- Industry expert animator Bruce Husband
- Dundee Contemporary Arts
- Scottish Natural Heritage
Educators learn more about this learning experience here
- If you are a learner, you can sign up for yourself. Please include your Glow username
- If you are a teacher or other educator, you can sign up on behalf of a group of learners. Please include a list of Glow usernames
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.
- A Glow Login is required for your submissions. If you have forgotten it or don’t have one click here.