The Education Scotland Learning Experience Catalogue aims to develop a sustainable programme of relevant, engaging and challenging learning experiences for learners aged 3 – 15 within a broad general education. Learning experiences are set within contexts and many of themare interdisciplinary. Each season a new collection of learning experiences will be launched.
Opportunities to learn collaboratively will be maximised by using the national intranet Glow to share resources, connect learners, broadcast live events and share specialist expertise. Glow will provide Scottish learners with the opportunity to lead learning by sharing their strengths, talents and expertise.
Learning experiences, over time aim to
- Have learner appeal
- Increase attainment and achievement
- Increase effective learning, teaching and assessment procedures
- Work towards delivering the current CfE implementation themes
- Work towards achieving the ICT in Education Objectives
- Support improvement in areas identified by SSLN and HMIe
- Maximise partnership working and give learners access to high quality experiences with professional experts
- Exemplify the NAR flowchart and curriculum design principles in action
- Exemplify Glow O365 tools, services and national content
- Contribute to national content repositories
Graphics have been designed to give learners a visual overview of the context, main emphasis curriculum areas and other curriculum areas developed through the experience.
A cat icon has been designed to represent LearnCAT. Learners can click on the LearnCAT icon to hear the catalogue description.
Learners are asked to email LearnCAT at learnCAT@educationscotland.gov.uk to
- Join an experience
- Ask about an experience
- Suggest an idea for a learning experience
Educators can find out more information about current learning experiences by selecting the category ‘Educators learn more about……’
These posts provide background information about relevant policies, impact reports, approaches to learning, teaching and assessment and a planning guidance document when all partners have agreed the content of the learning experience outline.
If you would like to find out more, have a query or would like to contribute a learning experience please also contact