Great Scottish Schools Bake Off Listen to what the Great Scottish Schools Bake Off is all about
In September 2013 Chefs@school, the Cooking Bus and Education Scotland are challenging learners across Scotland to form baking teams and enter the Great Scottish Schools Bake Off!
Glow TV will broadcast live Chefs@School boarding the Cooking Bus at four different locations across Scotland to demonstrate a variety of baking techniques using local, seasonal produce to help you create and serve a delicious afternoon tea to help raise money to support others in your community.
You will have the opportunity to improve your understanding and skills in measurement, nutrition, food hygiene and how to manage your finances to ensure your bake off is profitable.
- Source local, seasonal produce
- Bake bread, scones, muffins and fruit tarts
- Prepare healthy foods safely and hygienically
- Measure accurately
- Manage your finances
- Run a charitable event in your local community
- Develop teamwork skills
- Identify the strengths and talents within your baking team and maximise potential!
- Award winning chefs from across Scotland
- The Cooking Bus Team
- Members of the Education Scotland Learning Team
- Other learners and educators across Scotland
The first 10 schools to enter baking teams will receive measuring spoons, scales and a measurement jug.
Educators can find out more about the Great Scottish Schools Bake Off here
- If you are a learner, you can sign up for yourself. Please include your Glow username
- If you are a teacher or other educator, you can sign up on behalf of a group of learners. Please include a list of Glow usernames
- Email email@example.com for any enquiries.
- A Glow Login is required for your submissions. If you have forgotten it or don’t have one click here.