Colours of Buildings Listen to what the Collection of the Past – Archeology- Colours of Buildings is all about
Colour has so many uses. Did you know that you can tell the age of a building by its colour? Or that colours can tell us how old something is?
We’ll be looking at how we can tell the age of pottery we find in the ground just by its colour, how the size and shades of different buildings tell us more about them, and how you can become an archaeological detective by looking out for colours in your local landscape.
- gather and understand historical evidence
- share your evidence to create a collection of colourful historical information about our villages, towns and cities across Scotland
- learners across Scotland
- a team of archaeologists from the John Gray Centre in East Lothian
- Archaeology Scotland
- If you are a learner, you can sign up for yourself. Please include your Glow username
- If you are a teacher or other educator, you can sign up on behalf of a group of learners. Please include a list of Glow usernames
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.
- A Glow Login is required for your submissions. If you have forgotten it or don’t have one click here.