Kilmarnock Grammar School photos

Grammar 1947

This lovely photograph was taken at Grammar on 18th June, 1947. Unfortunately we do not know the names of anyone in the picture – yet… Perhaps you can help!

14 thoughts on “Kilmarnock Grammar School photos”

1. Thanks so much for this, Ray, and that you were able to fill in so many names too!
    Hope this gave you a ‘trip down memory lane’. If you have any photographs you would like to add to this please let us know.

2. Thanks so much for your post, Anna. It’s great to see people looking at the history of our school and even filling in some names in the pictures!

3. Hi Dianne,

Thanks for your comment. Please do look out any photos you have and I would gladly post them too. Hope this brought back some lovely memories for you!

1. Oh Dianne, that would be fantastic! If you are able to scan them to us I can upload them, or if you were happy to drop them in we would scan them and get them right back to you. Either way thank you so much!!

1. Hi Dianne. I’ve just logged on to look for them and noticed this. Report cards and parent nights took over all my time, but the schools are on holiday now, so I can give them my attention. apologies for not getting to them sooner!

4. That’s great, Heather. We are always delighted to see people looking at our pictures. Hopefully we will have more to come soon.

5. Great memories ,and picture
    Miss Kelly was a great teacher .
    Violet Haggerty lived in John Finnie Street .

Finished education at Kilmarnock Academy
    Now living near Ayr .