Hello nursery children and families, we would love to hear what you have been doing and if possible see some photos of what you do together. Please keep in touch with us by email and update us.
If you have an iPhone or an iPad, you can open the Notes app and open a new note to take a photo using the camera icon. If you select use photo then select send a copy, you can email your photo.
This week is all about the story Stick Man by Julia Donaldson
1. Listen to the story of the Stick Man together by clicking on the link below
2. When you are out for a walk or in the garden encourage your child to look out for frost. What marks can they make in the frost using their hands or feet?
3. When you are outside, encourage your child to look for a stick and take it home. If your child is able to, support them to measure different objects in the house against the stick. Can they find an object that is taller than the stick? Can they find an object that is shorter than the stick?
4. Play hide and seek together with the stick. Encourage your child to hide the stick and if they are able to, give you clues about where to find it. This could include saying what it is near to or saying hot or cold. Hot when you are near to it and cold when you are far away from it.
5. Encourage your child to use the stick as the stick man. What can they get their stick man to do? Can they get him to jump? Can they get him to dance? What else can their stick man do?
6. Teach your child the song head, shoulders, knees and toes. Show your child about where each of these parts are on their body. Have a singalong together.
7. Encourage and support your child to identify where different body parts would be on their stick man. Where would his head, shoulders, knees, toes, eyes, ears, mouth and nose be?
Here is a website for support, help and advice
Extra online activities to get children moving
PE with Joe every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9am on Youtube
Cosmic Kids Yoga on Youtube
Just dance kids on Youtube
Like Big Noise Douglas Facebook page to keep up to date with music sessions they are hosting live on Facebook
Additional online stories
You can download the Bookbug app to get access to other stories and rhymes
You can download the CBeebies story time app for accessing other stories