What to do today
Please join in with the activities below. The more who can join in, the more fun, too. Not all of the activities are for everyone, so just do the ones you enjoy and as many times as you like.
Play along using any kind of instrument or use body percussion – clapping, tapping, clicking, stamping your feet.
Activities (links below)
- Hello Song
- Bounce and catch
- Sing Charlie Over the Ocean. Watch the video first to see how to do it. Then you can get your own soft toys and join in or else watch and sing.
- Funga Alafia: Copy the actions in the videos and join in this song from Nigeria in West Africa. The words are in the Hausa language and mean “Give us peace/ thank you thank you”
- Instruments: Can you play along with your home-made instruments to Funga Alafia?
- Karaoke Corner: Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles. Look out for more Karaoke Songs in another blog post. Have fun!
- Time to move. Play the instruments along to the video or get up and dance. If you like, get a scarf to play with. This week’s classic is Shiny Happy People by REM, with guest vocals by Kate Pierson from the B-52s. Can you copy the dance everybody does together?
- Time to relax. This week we are listening to a piano piece called aisatsana by electronica and ambient pioneer The Aphex Twin.
- Goodbye Song
More ideas with this video
- If you can’t tap along, maybe a friend can tap your arm or foot for you so that you can feel the beat of the music.
- Can you stamp your feet to the music? Can you tap your shoulders or your head? Move your fingers
- Maybe try playing along with a shaker, or tap something that makes a sound that you like. A box of cereal?