Gold Class 03.06.20

2. Literacy

Today we are thinking about the sounds we can hear in words.

• What is the first letter in your name? What is its sound? My name is Catherine and the first letter is C, what sound does it make? 
  • Can you think of another word that starts with this letter sound? (cat/cup/car)
  • Can you hear the sound at the end of this word? sun. Hang on to the last sound as you say it.
  • Can you think of another word that ends with this letter sound?  (man/ tin/bun)

Now try these…

3.It’s time to pop over to Pedro and see what’s happening in PE

4. Time for a healthy snack!

5.

6. Lorna has a new sign today – I wonder what it is?

7,Now have a look at what’s happening in art today.

8. This is a super science experiment and it shows how the flower draws water up through the stem. If you can’t find any carnations try using daisies  – they’re everywhere at the moment – just make sure you choose some with long stems. If you don’t have any food colouring, you can always use Irn Bru or Coca Cola…I won’t tell anyone.  I’d love to see some photo’s if you manage to create a rainbow of flowers.

Science – Dying flowers

9. Time to relax while your flowers have a drink. Lie down somewhere nice and comfy and listen to some relaxing music.