Throughout the year we carry out a comprehensive programme of transition events. These include:-
- Visits by the Primary 1 teachers to our nursery and nurseries in the surrounding area.
- Nursery children visit the Primary 1 classroom and playroom.
- Nursery children attend GoldenTime activities to familiarise them with the system in place.
- P6 buddies help in the nursery during GoldenTime to meet the children that they will help to settle in when they start school. (BEING DONE VIRTUALLY DUE TO COVID-19)
- Nursery children attend special assemblies and performances within the school.
- The nursery and Primary 1 teachers share toys and resources so that they will be familiar to the children when they start Primary 1.
- Children in the nursery will attend two official visits to the school in May. Whilst children are in class doing activities, parents will attend workshops.
- In August, a member of the nursery team will be present in the Primary 1 classroom to be a familiar face and to help them settle smoothly into school life.