Health Promotion in Langloan Primary School and Nursery Class
The staff in Langloan Primary School and Nursery Class are helping pupils to live a healthier lifestyle.
Our Nursery Class and Primary School have both successfully achieved their Gold Health Award.
Here’s what we did to achieve our Gold Award…..
Health Week Learning Emergency Lifeskills Healthier Lunches
Walk to School Week Free Fruit for Infants Drinking water throughout the day
The Health and Eco Committee will merge this year and will work alongside designated members of staff.
Mrs Henderson, Miss Quirk and Miss MacKenzie are our Health Co-ordinators and Mrs Waddell is our Eco Co-ordinator.
This committee is made of of our Healthy Helpers and Eco Friends and they will work together and be responsible for:
- updating the whole school at assemblies as to new information for Health and Eco.
- attending committee meetings and sharing their ideas on how to improve our school in these areas.
- visiting classes to share information with pupils about competitions and events.
- organising whole school competitions linked to Health and Eco.
- helping prepare for our next Eco visit by taking pictures and gathering evidence.
- helping to organise a timetable of events for Health Week.
- encouraging pupils and staff to make healthy snack and lunch choices.
- rewarding good choices with points.
- awarding the tidiest cloakroom with a certificate.
P1, Room 1- Daniel
P2, Room 2- Brian
P2/3, Room 3- Sarah
P3, Room 5- Summer
P4, Room 6- Milo
P4/5, Room 7- Molly
P5/6, Room 8- Erin
P6, Room 9- Grace
P7, Room 10- Aiden
P1, Room 1- Grace
P2, Room 2- Lauren
P2/3, Room 3- Lucas
P3, Room 5- Oscar
P4, Room 6- Orla
P4/5, Room 7- Riley
P5/6, Room 8- Lara
P6, Room 9- Lewis
P7, Room 10- Leigha