In Langloan we strive to continually improve our performance and the curriculum we deliver.
As a staff, this year we will be working hard to take forward each of these aspects
in the following ways:
* Curriculum for Excellence – We will continue to take forward the curriculum for Excellence in the Nursery
and primary school in Maths, Health and Wellbeing and Assessment.
* Health Promotion – We will audit our current practice in relation to food and health to ensure that it meets the
requirements of the newly published ‘Better Eating, Better Learning- A New Context
for School Food.’ Document.
* Promotion of Equalities – We will continue to provide access to a learning service that meets learners’ individual needs and which promotes resilience and well-being through using the GIRFEC approach.
* Parental Involvement – We will continue to work with our Parent Council to ensure the views and opinions of our Parent Forum are taken on board and by issuing parental questionnaires and the Primary/ Nursery newsletters.
* Pupil Involvement – Learners’ will continue to be involved in more self-evaluation of their work in the Nursery and school and in identifying next steps in their learning. All staff will encourage learners’ to become more independent learners’. The Pupil Council represents learners’ from the primary school.
* Staff Immersion – Staff will be involved in further developing Nursery and School self-evaluation. They will also be involved in groups taking forward our improvement priorities.