Langloan Primary School has achieved our Gold Eco status, many green ECO flags and now has permanent ECO status. Mrs Waddell has worked very hard along with the our ECO pupil team to submit applications for this, lead inspectors around our school and maintain an evidence folder in this area. In order to keep this level of ECO status, our staff and pupils work hard to make sure that this is maintained by:
- organising P7 recycle monitors who are responsible for collecting and emptying our recycle bins.
- having a team of ECO friends who attend meetings, help gather evidence and organise ECO events.
- turning off lights when out of the classroom.
- turning off radiators when they don’t need to be used.
- closing classroom doors to keep heat inside the room.
- recycling paper, card and batteries.
- having designated ECO activities throughout the year.
- organising teams of litter monitors to keep our outdoor areas clean and tidy.
- completing the Hands Up Scotland Survey.