Parent Councils came into force on 1st August 2007.
The composition of the Parent Council, as determined by the Parent Forum, is a minimum of 3 parent members and a maximum of 16.
The Head Teacher is the professional advisor to the Parent Council.
The Parent Council’s rights and duties include:
- supporting the work of the school;
- representing the views of the parents;
- consulting with parents and reporting back to the parent forum on matters of interest;
- promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the wider community;
- taking part in the selection of senior promoted staff;
- receiving reports from the Head Teacher and Education Authority;
- receiving an annual budget for administration, training and other expenses.
- improving home school partnerships and facilitating parental involvement.
It should be noted that the Head Teacher has a right and duty to attend all meetings of the Parent Council. Meetings of the Parent Council are open to members of the public.
Current Members- 2017/18
Chairperson- James Conn
Vice Chairperson- Kirsten McLachlan
Treasurer- Danielle Goldie
Annalena Van Dall
Head Teacher- Aileen Ronald
Principal Teacher- Elaine Paterson
Principal Teacher- Catherine Kerrigan
All parents’ and carers are welcome to contact the school, or any member of the Parent Council, should they have a particular issue, idea or concern they would like to raise.
Date of Next Parent Council Meeting
26th February 2018 at 7pm
Scheduled Meetings- 2015/16
11th September 2017
6th November 2017
26th February 2018
21st May 2018