Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Welcome back!

Room 6 had a lovely day yesterday settling back into our routines. We enjoyed writing about things we got up to during the holidays and sharing our news with our peers. It sounded like Room 6 had a busy time over the holidays! We are looking forward to continuing to build our learning over the final term before the summer holidays.

To end last term, we had a great last week with lots of exciting activities. To mark the end of our reading of ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’, we had a relaxing final afternoon watching the film and identifying similarities and differences to the book.

Mrs Rae also brought in her violin to mark the completion of our music topic. We learned about the different parts of the violin, how to correctly use this instrument and all got a shot at playing notes. We are naturals!

Pupil Voice

Below are some comments about our last week of term/start of this term:

QJO, HG, AR, BrMc – I liked playing the violin 2000%.

ND – I liked 100% doing the violin.

SG – I really really enjoyed seeing the film in the last week.

EM – I am happy to be back with everyone. I was excited when the Easter bunny came.

BlMc, JR – I 100% loved when we did the Easter bunnies.

IW – I 100% loved doing the violin and I told mum and dad that I would really like one for my birthday.

CM – I liked seeing the chocolate movie.

RF – I one trillion billion % loved doing the violin and I loved doing the magic e.

Have a super first week back everyone!

Room 6 and Mrs Rae 🙂