Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Lots of Socks Day 🧦 / End of Term 🐰🥚

Last week, Room 6 were able to wear fancy or odd socks to school in celebration of ‘Lots of Socks’ day. We learned that this day focused on Down Syndrome awareness. After watching a video and having a discussion on this, we enjoyed designing our own socks to mark the day.
On Friday afternoon, we had a fantastic time completing the Easter assault course. We were so excited to participate and really enjoyed all the different parts to the course. Everyone managed to complete the full course and we hope we can do another challenge like this soon.To finish the week, we had a chat about our upcoming trip to Euromix. As part of our trip, we were asked to design a road safety poster. We came up with so many super ways to stay safe on the streets and showed these visually through our posters. Have a look at some of our competition entries below.

We have also started sharing our solo talks that we did as part of our homework this term. These solo talks were all based around our ‘Chocolate’ topic, where we were asked to design our own chocolate bar. We have really been loving sharing our creations with our peers! Here is some of our work from solo talks so far.
Wider Achievements to Share 🏆

Some learners in Room 6 thought it would be nice to share some wider achievements. Here are some of our recent achievements below.
Aubrey – My dog Maxie came 3rd place at Crufts.
Seerthi – I got a medal from gymnastics.
Rehan – I got a trophy at my karate club for great karate and listening.
Eilidh – I have been improving my dancing and swimming.
Dylan – I have been getting better at my football.
Pupil Voice
Here are some comments about this week’s learning:
HW – I really liked doing the obstacle course.
QJO – I 7 billion % loved climbing and doing the obstacle course. 
EL – I loved doing the obstacle course 100%. I was scared about the climbing but I did it!
OM – I loved doing the times tables. 
HG – I absolutely loved 100,000% doing the obstacle course because I loved watching Mrs Rae doing it and just loved doing it.
IW – I 1 billion % loved doing the obstacle course.
LT – I liked doing the 10x table.
HH – I liked the assault course. 
SM – I loved doing the 5x table.

Have a wonderful spring break!

Room 6 and Mrs Rae 🌻😊