Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Fun on the Farm πŸ„πŸŽπŸ–πŸ”

Yesterday Room 6 had a FANTASTIC trip to the Museum of Rural Life. We enjoyed every second and have already been asking to go back. We have been speaking out our favourite parts of the trip and there have been so many.

To start the day, we got the bus and arrived at 10am. When we got there, we had our snack and then completed a quiz while wandering around the museum. There was so many interesting objects and lots of machinery to see that had been usedΒ  on farmland across time.

After we had finished in the museum we split into two groups. One group walked up to the farm on the farm trail while the other group got to ride on the tractor. On the way back we swapped. It was so much fun!

At the farm we had a walk around the farm house and had a hunt for the hidden cows in each room. We enjoyed looking at the different items and furniture in this house and discussing what was the same to our houses and what was different. We also had a tour round the farm and got to see chickens, pigs, calves, horses, sheep and highland cows. Some of us even got to see piglets that had only been born a week ago!

We made our way back from the farm and had lunch then we went for a wee chill in the cinema room where they were playing a film about farming across time. To finish up the day, we joined with Room 5 and had a super time in the play park. We were all very tired by the end of the trip but had such an amazing day. Have a look at some of our photos below.

Here are some comments from learners about yesterday’s trip:

OM, NG –Β I loved seeing the baby cows.
IR –Β I liked the Garden detectives room, milking the cow and seeing the baby pigs.Β 
IW –Β I loved the animals.
EL, SM –Β I 100% loved seeing the horse.
DMc –Β I liked seeing the baby pigs.Β 
DT –Β I liked milking the fake cow 100%.
QJO –Β I loved going in the play park and going on the swings.
AbS –Β I loved when we went in the park.
RF –Β I loved everything, even going on the bus there and back.
CM –Β I liked going in the farm house.Β 
BrM –Β I loved playing in the play park.
ND – IΒ really really loved finding the cows in the farm house.Β 
HG –Β I absolutely loved seeing Anna the horse and seeing the baby pigs.
SG –Β I loved having snack.
MMu –Β I loved the play park.
Room 6 and Mrs Rae 😊