Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Welcome back!

Welcome back and Happy New Year! ✨
Room 6 have had a great first day back and have enjoyed sharing all of our stories about what we got up to during the holidays. Yesterday we spent time working on sentence building to share our news, trying our best to remember capital letters, finger spaces and full stops. We also did a bit of revision on our phoneme sounds from last term by working together to make up word grids.
In Numeracy, we did some revision of addition to 20 and shared our learning of this with the class. We also had great fun completing a very competitive game of Hit the Button, both against each other and Mrs Rae. We are getting quicker and quicker when trying to solve these problems mentally.
This week we will continue to consolidate our previous knowledge before moving on to new learning next week. Here are some of our comments from yesterday’s learning:
BMc, AS, HG and OM – I really liked the maths lesson because I like maths.
RF – I looking forward to doing homework again. 
BrMc and SI – I liked playing Hit the Button because some people were winning.
QJ – I liked doing free play because everyone can play with what they want. 
DT and JR – I liked the free play as well.
DMc – I liked doing all the maths.
We can’t wait for another super term!
Room 6 and Mrs Rae 🙂