Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Wonderful Wreaths

Happy last week of term!

Room 6 had a fantastic time taking part in their Christmas Concert last Wednesday. We all sang so well and were so proud of our Makaton actions. Thank you to everyone that attended, we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Over the past week we have been working hard to revise previous learning in both Literacy and Numeracy. We have consolidated all of our sounds so far and also completed our addition topic which we really liked. We will be moving on to subtraction after the holidays.

Alongside our revision, we have also been working hard to learn some dances for our Christmas party on Thursday, as part of our PE lessons. Last week, we joined with Room 5 and had fun learning ‘The Grand Old Duke of York’. We found the steps a bit tricky at first but we are now getting the hang of it.

We also had a super time getting the paints out and using our handprints to create wonderful festive wreaths. We used these green handprints by cutting them out and arranging them in a circle before sticking them in place with glue. We then added some red berries using finger prints and completed these with a ribbon. Have a look at our creations!

Here are some comments about our learning this week:

EL, SI and BM – I 100% loved learning to use the scales. 
OW – I loved 100% doing the wreaths.
QO – I enjoyed after our number work using addition to colour in the owl sheet with green, yellow, red and brown.
RF – I loved making the salt dough Christmas decorations and I liked doing PE.
SG – I liked playing with the toys Room 5 shared with us.
AS – I liked doing the maths. 
BlM – I loved when we did the addition assessment because I like doing maths. 
HW – I 900% loved doing the Snack Mat.
HH, IW, CM and IR – I 100% liked colouring in the Snack Mat for the party.
JR – I liked doing the Christmas show.

Have a fantastic break, enjoy and stay safe!

Mrs Rae and Room 6 😊