World Book Day

As today is World Book Day, lots of us came to school dressed as our favourite characters from our favourite books.  This morning in class we read our favourite stories and then listened to a story and poem by Roger McGough on BBC Autors Live.  We wrote about our favourite book and character and asked our friends what their favourite book is and why.

Mandipa – I love “Alice Miranda at School” by Jacqueline Harvey because the girl in the story is very brave as she leaves her parents and starts boarding school.

Jaime – My favourite stories are “Katie Morag” by Mairi Hedderwick.  I like them because they are based in Scotland and Katie Morag is not afraid of anything.  She goes on lots of adventures on the Isle of Struay.

Eoin – Roald Dahl is my favourite author and I really enjoy reading “Danny the champion of the World”.  In the book Danny and his dad come up with a plot against the evil Mr Victor Hazell!

!DSCF5433  DSCF5435DSCF5437DSCF5448DSCF5449DSCF5441DSCF5445DSCF5446DSCF5432DSCF5431DSCF5430DSCF5450DSCF5434