The Unsinkable Ship

Yesterday Primary 5 and Primary 5/4 visited the library to find out more information about our new topic ‘The Unsinkable ship’. To our surprise when we arrived Diane had dressed up as a first class passenger! During our visit we learned lots of new information.

Caitlin learned that even third class passengers ate well on the ship, they ate porridge, toast and potatoes.

Grace learned that aboard the ship was 13 honeymooning couples.

Aaron learned that band members continued to play their instruments as the ship went down.

Kyle learned that there should have been 64 lifeboats but there were only 20 lifeboats on the ship.

Finlay found out that 55 people cancelled their ticket before the ship set sail.

Ali found out that there was a fireman who got off the ship when it arrived in France.

Aiden learned that the ship stopped at Ireland before making its journey across the Atlantic Ocean.

We really enjoyed our library visit and we are all looking forward to finding out much more information about “The Unsinkable Ship”.

6 thoughts on “The Unsinkable Ship”

1. Going to the library was really fun and I learned loads of new facts about the titanic 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

2. I loved trying on Dianes gloves and hat. She was dressed up as a first class passenger. It was so interesting!

3. I thought that the library visit was fantastic not just because we learned a lot of facts we got to share a lot of facts.

This is one of the facts that I learned even though the boat was sinking the band kept playing to try and calm the passengers.

4. We all thoroughly enjoyed the library visit and Diane shared lots of interesting facts about the Titanic. Boys and girls, please share any more fascinating facts you learned from our library visit…